The J’Burgh Intern will act as a resource and support system for the Director of J’Burgh. Interns will be responsible for assisting with Hillel 21+ programming and event organization, occasionally leading events, outreach and engagement, entering data into the REACH database, and preparing event materials. Qualified candidates must also become familiar with the MyEmma e-mail marketing platform and will occasionally be asked to send mailings and updates to the J’Burgh community. Interns will be given ample opportunity to take on leadership roles and to gain nonprofit management experience.
The mission of J’Burgh is to create dynamic opportunities for Jewish graduate students and young adults, ages 21-30, so that they may build community, engage in Jewish peoplehood, celebrate their Judaism, and network for professional and social growth. J’Burgh serves to provide a gateway for the Jewish young adult population of Pittsburgh to explore and cultivate meaningful professional and social relationships, as well as their personal Jewish identity within our city.
In order to fulfill our mission, J’Burgh constructs programs, organizes outreach and engagement, and promotes leadership development with the overall goal of building and maintaining multiple communities of interest for young Jewish adults in the Pittsburgh area.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in event and program planning for 21+ Hillel/J’Burgh Joint Events
- Attend and/or lead events as a representative of the organization, as necessary
- Assist in managing J’Burgh members in the REACH database
- Assist with social media promotion for 21+ Hillel/J’Burgh Events
- Work to develop relationships with new and potential J’Burgh members
- Occasionally prepare, produce, and present program and event materials
- Additional tasks as necessary
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current undergraduate student at a local university
- Ability to travel to and from the Hillel Jewish University Center
- Occasional ability to travel to and from events and programs
- Ability to attend evening and weekend programs
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management and highly efficient
- Excellent people skills- personable, outgoing, friendly, and sincere
- Previous experience using social media as an outreach and marketing tool a plus
- Previous experience in event planning a plus
Duration: 1 Year
Hours: Qualified interns will be available a minimum of 10 hours per week and must be able to attend evening and weekend events as necessary.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover lettert to Ronna Peacock Pratt, Director of J’Burgh, at email@example.com.